Why detoxification is necessary
Our bodies are cleared of accumulated toxins via the liver. The liver does over 500 roles for the welfare of the whole body, and it can regenerate and recover when its cells are subjected to illness or injury.
We should all have a liver detox at least once a week. This is based on the principle that when the system is free of dangerous toxins, a lot of diseases can be prevented. The health benefits of liver detoxification are:
Also, when a person is suffering from a condition that results in a reduction in body weight, liver cleansing can be used to restore appetite. This can help build up the person weight to its normal healthy levels. This proves that the liver is crucial in controlling a person weight.
Liver detoxification diet is also beneficial for skin. Pile up of toxins in the liver can lead to a slowdown of liver processes dealing with removal of wastes. The body seeks other methods of waste removal which in most cases is displayed as acne.
Beneficial for overall health
Even more common conditions can benefit from it. These include depression, arthritis, anxiety, chronic infections, asthma, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart conditions, headaches, obesity, digestive disorders, mental illness, and low blood sugar. Alternative health care practitioners are unanimous in the belief that detoxification is an integral part of the healing process.
Since detoxification eliminates most of the toxins from the liver, it can help deal with many of the health problems experienced by people today.
Liver Detoxification Diet
Your goal of the liver detoxification diet is to get rid of chemicals and toxic. These have accumulated in the tissues as a result of stress, poor eating habits, pollution, cigarette smoke, drugs(whether prescribed for a medical condition or taking illegal drugs, the liver works so hard to absorb them) and alcohol.
Are you cleaning your Liver? Probably NOT!!
It is for this reason that I have compiled a list of liver detoxification diet that everyone should follow. Read on and find out how each ingredient contributes towards the removal of toxic substances from the liver.
Garlic is the No.1 food for liver detoxification. Over the past 10 years, The world has been introduced to a variety of ways to detox the liver. Most of these techniques work well enough but nothing cleans the liver better than some raw garlic. If you take it in raw form(avoid cooking garlic) then It is the most efficient way of liver cleansing. I personally take raw garlic twice a week in the morning. I swallow it instead of chewing. Some of the benefits of taking raw garlic are:
- Garlic contains allicin and selenium, the two powerful ingredients help in liver cleansing. it also contains calcium, vitamin b1,b6, manganese, phosphorous and copper. It is also great for cleaning stomach, maintaining healthy lungs, improve cardiovascular health and also acts as a natural antibiotic.
- Garlic contains very efficient anti-microbial agents. These agents help the liver get rid of a variety of fungi, bacteria, and parasites.
- The consumption of raw garlic aids in the reduction of total cholesterol in the liver. It is important to note that high total cholesterol in the liver will lead to a fatty liver.
- You can make your very own homemade liver tonic by mixing a tablespoon of virgin olive oil with three tablespoons of lemon juice and two teaspoons of garlic oil. Mix it with a glass of water and drink it once a day before any major meal to help the cleansing process of your liver.
Fresh carrot juice plays a significant role in the detoxification of the liver, here are a few reasons why;
- Carrot contains antioxidants such as alpha carotene and beta carotene which play a vital role in keeping the liver functioning at full capacity.
- Carrot also contains a variety of vitamins such a vitamin C, K, and B as well as minerals such as Potassium, Calcium, and Magnesium.
I won’t lie, there’s nothing pleasant about the taste of freshly juiced broccoli. However, it’s horrid taste alone should not deter you from consuming this amazing vegetable as part of your liver cleanse. You can also eat boiled broccoli which is also very beneficial in liver detoxification. Here are some of its significant roles:
- Similar to carrots, broccoli contains a decent amount of Vitamin A which is essential for the production of antioxidants used in the removal of toxins from the liver.
- Broccoli provides enzymes that are essential to both phases of liver detoxification. This is all due to the presence of glucosinolates and sulforaphane.
Aloe Vera is known as the most effective herb used for liver detox. Drinking the Aloe Vera juice helps you to detox all the foreign elements from your liver as well as the entire body. This herb is also used to treat ulcerative colitis, lower cholesterol, and fight cancer.
It is a natural herb which is rich in vitamins A and C. Parsley also has anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties. This herb can assist an individual to eliminate the excess toxins from your liver. Parsley also enhances to clean up your breath naturally and also cleanse your bloodstream.
Ginger is an Asian natural herb that eliminates the toxins from the liver. Drinking ginger tea on a regular basis helps effectively to detoxify the liver.
It is a useful herb for detoxifying your liver. It consists of anti-cancerous, antioxidative and antibacterial properties that protect and cleanse the liver from the harmful elements. To effectively detoxify the liver, Drink turmeric tea regularly.
Proper hydration removes liver’s poison- The simplest and most effective natural remedy for liver cleansing is consuming 8-10 glasses of water daily, which will help our body get rid of toxins. The best method of liver detoxification is to drink a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice in an empty stomach in the morning. Replacing your normal cup of tea and coffee with antioxidant-rich ginger and green tea can help liver cleansing.
It is the most powerful and useful herb for liver detoxification. This herb can combat jaundice and biliary colic. This herb contains potent antioxidants which are well-known to shield your liver cells from severe damage.
- Finally, among all the methods of liver detox, it is important to start with the less stressful ones. A good example is the inclusion of more vegetables and fruits in one’s diet.
- Stay hydrated and avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Fruits and vegetables that are rich sources of fiber. The fiber binds itself to the bile present in our large intestine and flushes it out of our body. This is certainly the best way to free your body of fat-soluble toxins. Fibrous diet also helps to improve our digestive system and prevents constipation, which may otherwise act as a hindrance to the liver cleansing process.
- It is advisable to eat large amounts of citrus fruits as part of the diet. The reason is that such foods are rich sources of vitamin C. It acts as a natural cleanser and a detoxifier.
If you spend time reading medical journals, you wouldn’t find any research into the effects of fasting, raw vegetable diets, herbal and other remedies aimed at cleansing your bowels and helping you lose weight. This just means that medical professionals would rather want you to take prescription and over the counter remedies. But a large number of people use liver and colon cleaning programs every year.
If you want your liver to perform all its tasks effectively, and then eat a healthy diet, comprising various types of vegetables that provide different kinds of nutrients. For a good and healthy liver, you need to cleanse the toxins from your liver.
Using natural herbs, vegetables, and fruits to detox the liver is an effective technique to increase the creation of bile and help out to build your liver tissues. Detoxify your liver and nurse it back to good health using these natural remedies and a good liver detox diet.